This charity program was initiated on June 1, 1996. It is managed collectively by Kuwait Airways –KAC-, Kuwait Red Crescent Society –KRCS- and the National Bank of Kuwait -NBK. It counts on the donations of the extra coins given by passengers on board of Kuwait Airways flights and deposited at the KRCS account at the bank.
The funds are used in various activities such as:
- Assisting needy families of all nationalities and religions.
- The project supplies needy families with clothing as both inside and outside Kuwait.
- Purchasing gifts for the elderly, sick children and the handicapped in public hospitals and nursing homes.
- Contribute in purchasing needed medication for the needy people inside Kuwait.
- Contribute in the distribution of food and medicine to victims and countries faced by natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes and wars.
- Donating rare coins to the UNICEF.
- Contributing to Learners Committee inside Kuwait.